[NAFEX] Out of context

Jim Fruth jimfruth at charter.net
Sat Jul 18 09:44:27 EDT 2009

    Alan Haigh commented on my blueberry growing article and seems to have
taken statements out of context.

Alan,
    My reason for waiting a year before planting blueberries is to make sure
that the soil is acidified sufficiently.  If we plant our blueberries before
the proper pH is attained, it is difficult to continue acidification because
we can't till the soil.  It is far easier to acidify soil that has no plants
in it yet.
    I'd comment on some of Alan's other arguments but I donate my Pomonas to
the local library so I can't re-read the article to know for sure just what
it was that I said.  The best I can do, at this point, is to wonder, "Did I
say that?"

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472