[NAFEX] amusing the audience

S & E Hills ehills7408 at wowway.com
Fri Jul 17 18:19:27 EDT 2009

I've got a friend at work, nice lady.  She and I were discussing buying
silver once day and she said that when TSHTF she'll be a rich woman, and it
wasn't going to be silver making her so.  I asked politely what she stocked
now that would be of such value then and she said "shotgun shells".  She
made a convincing argument that they were the best and most portable means
of wealth should a breakdown in society happen.

I can live without the chocolate, coffee and probably even oranges.  I will
miss bananas and though I have a tea plant I will miss that too (one plant
will not suffice for my iced tea habit).  I do, however, live near an
immense salt mine and its likely to be less valuable around here than fruit
fattened squirrel.

I was more lamenting feeding wildlife to such an extent that I see but a
pittance of my labors among the fruit trees more than anything else.

Btw, Kevin, you sound like a libertarian to me (high praise indeed:-))

Scott Hills

Zone 6b Michigan

  _____