[NAFEX] gooseberry seeds

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Jul 10 21:22:32 EDT 2009

Best results with cuttings, at least here in Oregon, come when you take
the cuttings in the fall before all the leaves are off.  Six inch
cuttings, put about 4-5 inches into sand in a protected locale will
sprout out in spring and be ready to set out.
I have the new  thornless "Jeanne" going that way.  First berries on it
this year, but not yet ripe.  It's a late ripening variety, so it
extends the season.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :