[NAFEX] gooseberry seeds

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Fri Jul 10 21:03:31 EDT 2009

On Jul 10, 2009, at 6:22 PM, Ernest Plutko wrote:

> Anyone raising gooseberry plants from seeds?  Do you have to chill
> seeds before planting?   What about currant seeds?

I have never intentionally done either, but I have a currant bush
collected from a seedling, and I find seedling currants around my
property pretty regularly (I have two red currants, and some clove
currants.)  I only just decided to try to protect some seedlings this
year, so none have reached maturity.  Mine were obviously chilled over
the winter, but judging from the number of seedlings, they aren't too
fussy.

Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6