[NAFEX] gooseberry seeds

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Jul 10 18:58:13 EDT 2009

I've done it.  Stratification takes from two to four months.  Some
species may need double stratification - cold for two months, warm for
a month   or  more, then back into the refrigerator for another two
months.  Germination was low.   I was working with old seed, though, so
fresh may do better.
I assume you are trying to breed new varieties as they  don't come true
from seed.
Rooting cuttings is the way to propagate an existing variety.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :