[NAFEX] Imposter fruit trees

Jim Fruth jimfruth at charter.net
Fri Jul 10 08:37:33 EDT 2009

Responding to someone's probable imposter North Star Cherry, Pete Tallman
said, "I suspect you might have an imposter."

    Imposters are out there.  Once, when I was selling "Duchess" apples at a
farmers' market, an apple expert told me, "That doesn't look like a
Duchess."  My response to him was, "When a nursery sells me a tree, I'm
going to call it by the same name as the nursery said it to be."
    About a dozen years ago I bought a Mantet apple.  I know what the fruit
is supposed to look and taste like and am convinced I received the rootstock
tree instead.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472