[NAFEX] article on phosphate

Steve sdw12986 at aol.com
Wed Jul 8 23:08:56 EDT 2009

Kieran &/or Donna wrote:
>> story after story that
> proves the lab he runs does a better job than anyone else.
>
> Steve,  How strange your reaction seems to me.  What I read was a book about
> how this can happen if you are short of this nutrient, that can happen if
> you are short of another, and this is what can happen if you add a nutrient
> you need and here are ways that you can add it.  Interactions, all kinds of
> stuff.  I thought of it as real life stories about trace minerals.  If you
> think it's merely one long ad, consider that friends here spent $100 on soil
> tests of pastures from the county and all they got was their pH and how much
> lime to add.  Nothing about Ca:Mg and how much they needed of each.  I don't
> think Neil owns the lab where these tests are done, he is merely a
> consultant.  You could just as easily consider it an ad for Neil Kinsey
> himself, that your fruit trees will all die if you don't call him in.  What
> it IS an ad for, if you want to think of that way, is for CEC soil testing,
> and there are a number of labs that do it.  Donna

Well, keep in mind that I didn't read the book. I only read the 50 or so
pages that I could read on Amazon. From that bit, it seemed that there
were a lot of stories about how other labs might just make up numbers
based on where you live rather than actually run the tests.
That doesn't mean I wouldn't be interested in reading all the rest of
the book. I put it on my wish list. If I don't buy it myself, it will go
on my Christmas list.

Steve