[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 78, Issue 14 - subterranean clovers

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Tue Jul 7 13:13:14 EDT 2009

You get summer die-off with subclovers.  They should have reseeded
prolifically and should come back with the first fall rains.  Some people
use them in vegetable gardening as a low-maintenance self-replenishing cover
crop.

~ Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of kc5gxc
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 3:32 PM
To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 78, Issue 14 - subterranean clovers

I planted the Austrailian sub clover (2 varieties) here last year. Got a
good stand, but the summer heat killed all of it. Looks like it was burned
with a torch. I was very surprised at that as I had heard it was bullet
proof.
Going with crimson clover (Dixie) this fall.
Pete/Z8/South MS

sites.
permission!

No exceptions.