[NAFEX] Beach Plum questions

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 09:36:01 EDT 2009

I've never lost any Beach plums to winter kill, but don't think it has
gotten below -35 here in the last 10 years.  They do sucker & form a
thicket very quickly so work great for wild plantings, for more formal
orchard spacing the suckers would have to be kept up with.  Also a
large percentage of the fruit becomes mummified before becoming ripe,
probably because I do have mine in a thicket & the air circulation is
not good.   Fruit extremely astringent.

~mIEKAL

What are the best plums for putting up wine in a northern climate?