[NAFEX] Delaying Fire Blight Death

Jim Fruth jimfruth at charter.net
Mon Jul 6 08:01:43 EDT 2009

    A next door neighbor has a tree with severe fire blight who refuses to
do anything about it which is a probable source of infection for many
neighborhood trees including some of mine.  Eight years ago I begged him to
cut it down but he refused.  Instead, I bought several cans of spray paint
and sprayed a THICK coat within 12" or more of any infection.  Today, that
tree is still alive.  My Yellow Transparent Apple was totally infected and
it is sprayed too.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for how much longer it
will continue bearing fruit.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472