[NAFEX] Pear question

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Thu Jul 2 18:37:37 EDT 2009

Jim,
In Quebec (Z.4), most hybrid pears bloom pretty much with Ure - in
particular Golden Spice (about 1 day later), also Olia - but quality low.
European pears bloom about a week later.
However, even if I have other pears that bloom at the same time, my Ure
doesn't set very many fruits...
Claude

A 08:54 09.07.02 -0500, vous avez écrit :
>    I have a Ure Pear that receives ample pollination (I have bee hives) but
>produces few fruits.  I'd like to graft other pear varieties onto it to
>achieve cross pollination.  Which varieties could I graft onto it that might
>bloom at the same time?  I'm in zone 3.
>
>Jim Fruth
>Brambleberry Farm
>Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
>For jams, jellies, syrups and more:
>www.jellygal.com
>1-877-265-6856 (Toll Free)
>1-218-831-7018 (My Cell)

>**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
>No exceptions.
>----
>To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also can be
used to change other email options):