[NAFEX] Black/Red Raspberry Question

Robert Bruns r.fred.bruns at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 10:19:59 EDT 2009

Back 20 or 30 years ago, I used to read that you shouldn't plant black and
red raspberries together because the blacks would carry diseases that they
would transmit to the reds.  Here in Indiana, you see blacks growing wild
but not reds, so it at least seems possible that blacks could tolerate and
transmit diseases that would be devastating to the reds. However, I wasn't
able to find any mention of this idea on websites that discuss raspberry
diseases.

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/DG1152.html

http://www.canr.msu.edu/vanburen/e-1730.htm

Fred