[NAFEX] deer-resistant plants?

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 16:34:04 EST 2009

Matt, s.WI deer like pear & serviceberry better than apple.  Gotta fence just about everything.  Except, I've been trying to remember ever seeing damage on tomatoes or plants.

I do notice feeding based partly on deer travel routes, but the routes are also based on what's around to browse. (Which comes first...)  And this can be seasonal, for example lush spring greenery and autumn corn crops.  Effectiveness of repellants is also seasonal, and timing is important to make the best use of the sprays.