[NAFEX] Deer repellents???

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Thu Feb 26 10:29:29 EST 2009

    Is there a deer repellent that really works?

    We've got about 800 feet of fence that keeps rabbits and other small
critters out of the garden/orchard.  Since 1994, deer have paid no attention
to our spread with the occasional exception of an individual taking a
short-cut through.  That changed last Fall when they mowed the strawberry
bed, ate our winter vegetables and spent numerous nights sleeping on the
premises.  Lately they have been walking up and down every row like they are
wondering what to munch on first.

    We are located in the city and zoning laws forbid high fencing and
electric fences.  I'm afraid that they'll start munching when the leaves
come out.  What do you suggest that works?

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
For jams, jellies, syrups and more: