[NAFEX] asparagus crowns for sale

Rick Hurd ricksindexing at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 05:25:06 EST 2009

I will have at least 1500 2 year old Jersey Knight asparagus crowns for sale this spring. The seeds were obtained from a reputable dealer (Jersey Asparagus Farms).

The spacing of the seeds were 3" apart in rows 12" apart. No chemicals were used on the ground or the plants. No chemicals were used on the soil for at least 5 years prior to the planting of the seeds. I had prepared the soil several years in advance using what I cleaned out of my chicken coop for compost. The weeds were removed by hand.

I was hoping to start my own asparagus production to sell to the local markets, but due to circumstances I will not be able to that. Instead, I plan to thin the asparagus, and leave me with a manageable patch for my own family.

Anyone who is interested can contact me at ricksindexing at hotmail.com

Sincerely,

Rick Hurd.