[NAFEX] bug aspirator

Richard MURPHY murphman108 at msn.com
Thu Feb 19 20:52:56 EST 2009

I bought this little thing from Gempler's.
It's a bug aspirator. I vacuums up bugs, on a tiny scale, for evaluation.
I don't see why a larger one wouldn't work, unless you're doing a whole acre by yourself.

It's a jar with 2 pipes coming out. (approx 0.25" ID)
The Inlet Pipe is placed near the bug,
The Outlet, has a screen on the end inside the jar, and a long rubber hose to your mouth.
You actually 'take a huge hit' on this thing, and that bug goes into the jar.

This is how I vacuumed up those horrible click beetles that whacked my cherry trees.

Murph