[NAFEX] Weed prevention idea

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 17 18:19:02 EST 2009

We've had a problem with cardboard.  Skunks turn it over looking for worms.
(earthworms love cardboard for some reason).  We had to fence the garden to
keep them out - they made an awful mess rooting up plants and covering them
up with the cardboard.  Newspaper is safer.  Never had a problem with that.
I've read and will try this year, that wet newspaper can be shaped around
plants when they are set out in the spring keeping down weeds right around
the trunk.

hector black zone 6 middle tn.