[NAFEX] Japanese Beetles

fuwa fuwa usagi fuwafuwausagi at muchomail.com
Tue Feb 17 17:19:45 EST 2009

Had my first run in with these nasty things last year.  Chemically I found out Sevin worked, but as they struck when my Heritage raspberries and grapes were ripening that was not a real option.

I found one organic method controlled them fairly well....my shop vac.  Partially filled with soapy water.  Basically every few hours I was able to suck up a bunch, and then I found by spraying the leaves they fed on with soapy water you were able to mask the scent trail a bit, or so it seemed.  Not practical for commercial growers but not too bad for home growers.

Works great for wasps too!

tfb