[NAFEX] Pears

Kathryn Mathews kathmath at charterinternet.com
Tue Feb 17 13:18:18 EST 2009

I'm looking for a pear that can be pollinated by pyrus ussuriensis, will be
good for drying and will do well in my southern Minnesota zone 4 climate.
Resistance to fireblight would also be nice.  I've heard 'Ure' can be
pollinated by ussuriensis.  How susceptible is it to fireblight?  My local
nursery has information on 'Summercrip' that says calls it a 'Ussurian Pear'
and says it is resistant to fireblight and self-pollinating.  Is this
accurate?
Kathryn Mathews

This notice is required by IRS Circular 230, which regulates written
communications about federal tax matters between tax advisors and their
clients.  To the extent the preceding correspondence and/or any attachment
is a written tax advice communication, it is not a full “covered opinion.”
Accordingly, this advice is not intended and cannot be used for the purpose
of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the IRS.