[NAFEX] Corn earworm control OFF-TOPIC

Mark Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Sun Feb 15 18:05:47 EST 2009

Kevin,

I'm no expert on sweet corn but around here, if you wait till the silk turns brown, it's too late.  My understanding is the moths like to specially lay eggs on fresh silk.  Last summer we planted corn in stages to have fresh corn all summer.  Won't do that again, it's too much spraying, as new silks are forming all summer long.  If you like the semi-natural approach, I've heard Pam non-stick spray also offers good control.

Mark
KS