[NAFEX] OT Amateur Beer Brewers?

Naomi Counides naomi at oznayim.us
Fri Feb 6 16:01:14 EST 2009

I am trying to guess my way into a recipe.  Looking for a place to start.  I
have looked at honey beers and think that for a 5 gallon batch 1.5 to 2
pounds seems common.  Still working on the cocoa powder (or cocoa nibs)
guess but 16 ounces might be close or the high limit.  Peppers are a
problem.  Most chili beer recipes seem to be aiming at blow your head off.
This is a more subtle approach to heat. Ancho chilies are used in the
Theobroma. I am also wondering about dropping a vanilla bean in.  Annatto
is part of the recipe but I am wondering if it is more of a color agent than
a flavor.

Naomi

  _____