[NAFEX] Tiger Lillies

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Thu Feb 5 13:11:56 EST 2009

> Tiger Lillies host (asymptomatically) a lot of lilly viruses so fancy bulb places don't tend to sell them.  They are really more of a pass along plant.  Try garage sales and the sort of local garden club plant sale where people divide their own plants and pot up the extras.

I don't know about diseases, but I could have given away bushels of them
a couple of years ago, when I finally dug them out of my back yard. This
is an old house, with old-fashioned kinds of plants, and the tiger
lilies had just about taken over. They're pretty, and care-free, but man
do they spread!

Then again, if you can mow all around the patch, that would probably
keep them contained, I suppose (not necessarily killing the plants that
invade the grass, but keeping them small).

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)