[NAFEX] Drinking Honeybees

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Wed May 28 08:20:15 EDT 2008

Naomi said, " I also see the honey bees drowned in the water buckets for the
goats so I am sure they are honey bees."

    When honeybees drink water, they are bringing the water back for the
brood.  To prevent them from drowning, I keep water in shallow pans with
bricks and rocks because the bricks and rocks give them more to cling to
when they are drinking than just the (usually slippery) rim of the pan.  If
you would do likewise, provide water for local honeybees, you might attract
more pollinators to your orchard.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472