[NAFEX] K-81-6 Raspberries thriving in zone 3

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Sun May 18 09:35:15 EDT 2008

    Last year a University of Minnesota professor had an article in the
Minnesota Department of Agriculture's IPM monthly magazine.  In it he wrote
that the K-81-6 Raspberry wouldn't survive in Minnesota.  I wrote to the
editor asking if Pequot Lakes was still located in Minnesota since K-81-6 is
alive and thriving in my orchard.  The editor refused to correct the
misinformation for what must be obvious reasons (to him).
    That is really too bad because  K-81-6 produces easy to pick fruit that
is nearly twice as large as other summer red raspberries and just slightly
smaller than a Boysenberry.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472