[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 64, Issue 46-Groundhogs

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Sat May 17 21:39:32 EDT 2008

Groundhogs probably are not found all over Ms.  Look on Internet.
There are gaps in their range.  We have a few groundhogs here in
Northern Mn but they are smallish.  Canadian radio said groundhogs
are moving into here from the south.  Interestingly, radio report
also said the groundhogs are bringing a kind of tick not found here
before.  Prairie dogs are found further west.  Groundhogs weigh up to
10 pounds, prairie dogs are the size of squirrels.  Not about fruit
but groundhogs do eat fruit.  Zone 2-3 Minnesota