[NAFEX] Raspberry dormancy?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri May 16 11:00:12 EDT 2008

You might still get something from the roots.  Raspberries are
propagated from root cuttings and the roots will take a lot of abuse
and still grow.  It does take longer as they have to generate buds and
push shoots from below the soil line. I worked at a berry nursery one
time and they saved all the root trimmings when they bundled raspberry
plants.  Those were stored in a cooler for several months, then
planted.  They just dug a trench and dropped in handsful of roots.
Each clump put up good numbers of shoots.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :