[NAFEX] So close....

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 29 14:55:06 EST 2008

Here in s.WI the snow is rather deep, and has been deep a while.  I recent years "open winter" was becoming common, or at least a worthwhile thaw between snows so the accumulation wasn't much.  This year has been more like the winters I grew up with-- usually difficult to hike in the woods, even accounting for the fact I was smaller then!

Solid sheet of ice under everything for 2 full months.

Temperatures have been below zero more this winter than recent years, but not the -20s of further past years.

I have no data for this, but I think the wind had been less.  Which is interesting because last spring was so windy/ breezy, I didn't spray much herbicide.