[NAFEX] Sib-C peach seed

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Fri Feb 29 11:21:18 EST 2008

Doug Woodward said, "Siberian C is now regarded as obsolete for rootstocks.
Those who want
something more cold-hardy than Bailey........................"

Doug,
    Someone told me that before so I got some Bailey Peach seed from Harrow
and quickly learned that Bailey will not stand up to Minnesota Winters.
Every one that grew winterkills down to the snow-line every year, even after
our mildest winters - A mild Winter here doesn't drop below -25 F.  Sib-C,
on the other hand, stands up quite well, even through our coldest Winters.
Go figure?

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472