[NAFEX] Getting sprayed with insecticide

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Fri Feb 29 10:20:50 EST 2008

Re:  I remember a meeting where someone said the Solo sprayers drip down
 the back of your leg.?

Mine don't. Maybe something was wrong with theirs -- a bad attachment
where the sprayer hose connects, possibly? Maybe they got it wet on the
outside before putting it on?

    You want to be absolutely sure you don't get more than a few drops of
spray on you.  You do not want the experience I had: Once when I was
spraying tall citrus trees in California, there was a sudden, 180 degree
wind shift with a down-draft.  I wasn't wearing protective clothing (there
was no wind when I started) and got soaked.  I had violent chills for an
hour or more.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472