[NAFEX] So close....

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Fri Feb 29 01:17:21 EST 2008

Very mild here, too, in California's central valley - always mild winters,
but mild in comparison to most.  One of my pepper plants has survived the
winter - we're past our average last frost date, we'll see if it manages to
live through spring and summer...

~ Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:32 PM
To: NAFEx
Subject: [NAFEX] So close....

We came SO close to having the mildest winter in the 30 years that I
have lived in the Adirondacks. I'm judging "mildest", in this case, only
by the lowest temperature of the season. Most winters we bottom out
anywhere between -30 and -40. Once in a while, we have had a winter
where we never got below -25 or 26. Up until right now, the season low
in my yard was -23. I was starting to think that would be it. Now, here
we are just after midnight on February 29th and it's already 21 below
zero. Since no clouds are forecast, I'm sure we'll be good and cold by 7
AM.
I'm not worried about the fruit trees themselves but I was hoping to see
if a "mild" winter would increase the fruit set on some of the apricots
and plums.

Steve