[NAFEX] members in the AR Ozarks? - persimmons

Robert C. Mullins mullins at gaelicmysts.com
Sun Feb 24 17:40:48 EST 2008

Well,  I can't speak for most, however, here in Clarksville roughly
November is a great time to pick.  Usually I wait till after a couple of
frost for the fruit to ripen up.
In Claremore Oklahoma, were my family currently picks tons of persimmons
we picked them around the same time.  If you were up in the mountains,
in the Ozarks I would think it's roughly the same time,
October-November.  I have picked and eaten as late as January, but you
will have to really reach for them, as the deer like to strip off the
lower ones.  Possums will devour them as well.

-rob