[NAFEX] backpack sprayers

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 12:41:01 EST 2008

The 2 backpack sprayers I use are mostly for weeds & lesser for insecticide for flowerbeds.  IE, one sprayer for glyphosate, the other for not glyphosate.  My insecticide sprayer is for 2 gallons at a time; it's a Solo.  The larger sprayer is for the weeds, and I do about 3 fills 3 gallons per session.  This sprayer (the one which leaks, and I can't recall the manufacturer) has not only the helpful hip-strap, but also the handle can be changed fairly easily from one side to the other.  If you've had a shoulder or elbow injury, this feature is very nice!!

I don't spray apple trees, sorry.  Mine's just a hobby & attempt to share what I grow.  If I did spray, I'd definitely shop for or try to build one of the wheeled sprayers.  And the spray would need to reach into semi-standard trees!  I think it might be easier to start over with more- dwarfing rootstocks.

I wish I could offer makes & models, but haven't kept up on that.