[NAFEX] backpack sprayers, etc.

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 09:28:34 EST 2008

I've used SP3, Solo and Birchmeir backpack sprayers.  Of the first 2, I
prefer the SP3 because of its greater pressure (open up the nozzle and it
will go up 25').  I was a little dissappointed in the Birchmeirs clunkiness-
kind of like a Landrover- tough but heavy (imported and expensive).  Still I
guess I'll keep using it till it wears out or I do.  Birchmeir does make a
great little hand held that is far superior to any other I've used.

My primary sprayer is a Rears 25 gallon estate sprayer on bicycle wheels
with a 4hp, 4 stoke Honda engine.  I use a reel with 300' of hose and a
pistol gun,  I tie the whole thing down in my 4WD light truck and I'm good
to cover a lot of trees.  I also use an MS marine battery powered 5 gal
sprayer on wheels but I need to modify it to make it roll better on uneven
ground- it was designed for a greenhouse.  A good source for spray equipment
is OESCO.