[NAFEX] backpack sprayers

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Sat Feb 23 23:50:17 EST 2008

You pump them while you're wearing them. A lever comes off the tank
just under your left hand which you use to pump with. (maybe some of
them can be set up the other way around). The spray wand is at the end
of a hose that comes around on your other side. You spray with one hand
and pump with the other. You pump them up before starting (but usually
after you put the sprayer on your back), and then just pump
occasionally as you spray to keep the pressure up; you don't have to
stop spraying to pump. It doesn't take a lot of muscle.

Maximum height depends on the model. Ask the manufacturer. An extension
wand would probably also help.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly