[NAFEX] maple (going off-topic)

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:34:33 EST 2008

(and venturing into shameless promotional)

S.WI has a kind of park called the MacKenzie Environmental Education Center, near Poynette, which tries to put on seasonal demonstrations every year.  The year starts with a maple sugar festival.  I admit I've never attended.  But with our state's budget woes of recent years, if they've kept this going it must be a popular thing.  I only know of one family which has tried it at home more than once.

The Center had a small orchard at one time, but I think it was half flowering crabs and didn't get regular proper care.