[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 61, Issue 68

MARIE ASHTON bwoodtx at verizon.net
Wed Feb 20 20:29:13 EST 2008

Being from "pecan country", we do a lot of different grafts on pecan trees
depending on the time of year and the size of the stock. You might want to
wait a little while until the bark starts slipping (about the time the
leaves start appearing) and use a "Banana graft". It's good for trees up to
one inch and you have a lot of contact between scion and stock. See:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/extension/propagation/fourflap/fourflap.htm

Regards,
Richard Ashton
Oak Creek Orchard