[NAFEX] backpack sprayers

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Wed Feb 20 12:16:01 EST 2008

I have two older Solos and they both have hip straps. It's possible
these were an optional add on; I don't remember.

I did a fast search and came up with a Gempler's page for Solos; as
near as I can tell, they don't automatically now come with hip belts,
but for 24.50 at that site you can get a deluxe harness that includes
one, as well as better shoulder straps. (scroll down the page)

http://www.gemplers.com/list.aspx?
SKW=Solo&src=25GLSPR&s_kwcid=solo%20sprayer|976481365

I might, fifteen years or so ago when I got mine, have bought them with
an upgrade to the better harness; but my memory on this is fuzzy.

I wound up with two because years ago I was spraying rotenone, which
doesn't dissolve well, and clogged the pump in my first one. At that
time, at least, two different hand pump models were available; one was
better at dealing with things like rotenone, the other at getting
higher pressure for reaching greater heights. So I had the first one
repaired and got a second one with the other type of pump. Both still
work fine. I don't use them very much, however, so don't know whether
they would have lasted this long with heavy use.

  --Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly