[NAFEX] backpack sprayers

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Tue Feb 19 11:29:39 EST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008, at 1:53 AM, Mark & Helen Angermayer wrote:

> Do any of you use a backpack sprayer?  Are they that much better than a
> large 3 gallon hand sprayer?  Do you have to pump them less/more than a
> regular hand sprayer?  Any other advantages/disadvantages?  Appreciate
> your
> thoughts.

I've never used one of the 3 gallon hand sprayers, so I can't compare;
but I do use a Solo 3 gallon backpack sprayer. It's easy to pump; pump
it up some to start, then just pump occasionally with one hand while
continuing to spray with the other. They also make battery-powered
electric versions that you don't have to pump at all.

I strongly agree with the recommendation to get one with a hip belt. As
long as you have the hip belt, they're pretty comfortable to wear.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly