[NAFEX] Fruit produced from a M111 tree ?

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Tue Feb 19 10:41:17 EST 2008

Peter,

We grow some of the same apple varieties on M111 and M26 rootstock. I cannot
tell the difference between the taste of the same variety grown on M111 or
M26.  We have Jonathan growing on M111, M7, Mark and B9 and we mix all those
Jonathans in the bins after they are picked and washed and there is no way
anyone could tell you which apple came from which rootstock after they have
been mixed in the bin.

Before using M111, you might want to consider the size of the resulting
tree.  We have some M111 that are 15 feet tall!  I prefer the more dwarfing
M26 or B9.  Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com