[NAFEX] Pruning and Dormant Spray

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Feb 19 10:24:51 EST 2008

Dennis, I was concerned about your remark Re: copper sulphate because
I have used copper as a dormant spray with oil, but I looked the
excellent documents you cite and found that fixed copper is not a
problem with oil; I use Kocide 2000.  My plan this year is to do a
single combined spray of fixed copper plus dormant oil at "silver
tip", to give both the oil and copper the best shot at nailing the
baddies.   Does that sound like a good idea?  According to the below-
cited guide, if fireblight was bad the previous year then copper
should be used.  I had very bad fireblight last year, and I had used
lime-sulphur and not copper as my dormant disease spray the previous
winter.  Before that I had used copper plus dormant oil and had little
fireblight troubles.

Scott