[NAFEX] Email vs Bulletin Board discussion lists

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 21:08:27 EST 2008

One thing not mentioned in this discussion so far:  If I get email from a list, then the email goes into my mailbox where I can store it, search it, process it or otherwise work with it.  If the discussion remains on a bulletin board, then the bulletin board retains the information unless I take steps to copy it.

  I have seen bulletin board discussion lists get shut down when the compay goes out of business for whatever reason, closing lists and potentially losing information.  With an email list, there are potentially many, many copies of the data.