[NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Mon Feb 18 14:29:42 EST 2008

If no one has done so yet, take a look at http://www.virtualorchard.net and see how there system is set up.  Virtual Orchard is made up of  most of the professionals in the apple industry from around the world and I subscribe to their list.  The list uses the same type of e-mail list as this one, as well as great archives.  The only thing that I seem to be seeing throughout this discussion is that some of us would like the  ability to search a thread or archives on topics.  I would like to see both the e-mail list and possibly the ability to search topics in an archive.  That's where a bulletin board such as ikonboard would come in.  Let me stick my neck out and say that I would be willing to host such a bulletin board and cover the cost of the server (since I already lease a server) for those of us that would like to have the benefits of the bulletin board.  If this is something that many are interested in, let me know and we can work out the logistics off-list.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com