[NAFEX] Yahoo groups listservs

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Mon Feb 18 14:28:22 EST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008, at 1:52 PM, Spidra Webster wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2008, at 10:35 AM, Road's End Farm wrote:
>

>> I don't belong to Yahoo itself, but am a member of an email listserve
>> hosted by Yahoo. Emails on that list come through with the text of
>> the email on the left, and a band of ads (many of them advertising
>> some feature of Yahoo itself) running on the right side of the email
>> window.

> Yes, you can change this behavior by choosing "Traditional Email"
> rather than "Fully-Featured".  As far as I know, if you're signed up
> for a Yahoo Group, you have the ability to visit the group's page on
> the web and change this setting yourself, even if you don't have a
> Yahoo ID.  However, if it turns out you *can't*, you can ask the
> group's moderator to change your setting for you.

Well thanks! I just checked one of my email messages from that group;
at the bottom, there's a link for "change settings via the Web" which
says Yahoo! ID required; but, under that, there's a link for "change
settings via email: switch format to Traditonal", so I sent that, and
it does indeed seem to have significantly helped the problem. The lines
of the message I sent as a trial have still been cut off short, but not
nearly as short as before, so while this is still a nuisance it's less
of one; some of the Yahoo info has disappeared, and the rest is out of
the way down below the message.

I guess when I first joined the group I saw the line that says "Yahoo
ID required", and didn't realize you can change some of the settings
without one. (The only other thing you can apparently change by that
route is to switch to, and presumably from, digest form.)

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly