[NAFEX] Yahoo groups listservs

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Mon Feb 18 13:35:45 EST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008, at 12:24 PM, William C. Garthright wrote:

>> I belong to 15 Yahoo groups, and don't get ads.
>

> Same here. I was wondering about that. I don't get ads from any of my
> Yahoo groups. Some people do?

I don't belong to Yahoo itself, but am a member of an email listserve
hosted by Yahoo. Emails on that list come through with the text of the
email on the left, and a band of ads (many of them advertising some
feature of Yahoo itself) running on the right side of the email window.
If they were all at the bottom, they'd be easy to ignore; but they're
right next to the text, cramping the text into a narrow band and
causing even short emails to show up as a long narrow column of short
lines, and this is very annoying.

Maybe if I joined Yahoo I could set the info to not do this. But I
don't want to join Yahoo, and behavior like this is one of the reasons.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly