[NAFEX] Yahoo groups listservs

Regina M. Kreger regina at kreger.net
Mon Feb 18 07:18:15 EST 2008

I like Yahoo groups.  I can choose to receive all messages by e-mail,
individually or in digest mode -- like this list -- or no e-mail at all
for the really busy lists so I can just log in to the list and read what
I want.  It's basically a bulletin board AND an e-mail list, user's
choice.  The digests come (optionally) in an enhanced e-mail format that
lets me click on the subject heading at the top of the digest and jump
to the message of interest.  I believe it is possible to set it up such
that all comers can read all messages, but only administrator-approved
members can post (which could be = paying NAFEX members).

For those with slow internet connections, it is a good thing to be able
to go online, receive mail, go offline and read, rather than having to
be online the whole time one is reading.