[NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver

Karen Kellogg garuda2 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 17 21:09:12 EST 2008

  I like the mailing list too. I like the chatter coming to me, not
me having to go find it.  I can always google a topic for
information, but what happens on this NAFEX list seems to me to be
more of the kind of talk one would have over a backyard fence with a
neighbor who also gardens or grows fruit trees.

The backyard 'over-the -fence' exchange is certainly archaic and
antique, but it suits me just fine. If all this chatter goes to a
bulletin board where I have to search out various threads and try to
remember what I was interested in and where it was, searchable or
not, I would not be bothered to do it.

Send it to my in box and I read some, scan through some, save some,
delete some.   What I end up with is the lore of the members in my
own useful format:  a folder, a note on an index card, a printout.

Up to date?  No.   But I prefer it.