[NAFEX] ikonboard, a better solution to a listserver

rooting rooting at hortus.com
Sun Feb 17 19:09:23 EST 2008

Having read several comments about the listserver which NAFEX uses, the current technology used by NAFEX is antique. The most groups do not use e-mail for delivery. Rather they have a current flow of information by topic using a board typically used by blogs.

Off topic, I have contributed to and frequently visit the mandolincafe
http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi
Mandolincafe is a specialty 'group' of people interested in playing the mandolin. Soon they will have their 500,000th posting.

I suggest that the NAFEX webmaster(s) take a look at Mandolincafe which uses a free program from
http://www.ikonboard.com/
This program can be used on the http://nafex.org server