[NAFEX] Membership, focus, journals, etc...the face of NAFEX

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Sun Feb 17 12:32:34 EST 2008

> I took a look at GardenWeb and Daves Garden and they are completely annoyingly filled with advertising.  I would go there as a last resort always because I am slowed down by all the dancing bear hype and ads.

The ads don't bother me, because I never see them. My browser filters
out all that stuff. But I don't use those sites as often, because email
is so much easier. I really like getting the messages in my Inbox
(automatically sorted to the correct folder), and replying by email. So
I also like this NAFEX list better.

> I would jump at the chance to pay $2/month for it and get all the wonderful membership benes of NAFEX.

I must say that the membership benefits don't matter much to me. I just
want to support the organization. This list has been very nice, the
people have been very friendly and helpful, and I just like to support
groups like that. Admittedly, there are a LOT of good groups out there,
so there's plenty of competition. And I'm just a newbie at
fruit-growing. So it's not surprising that we all have different points
of view, and different reasons for supporting NAFEX.

Bill
Lincoln, NE

--
Because a fellow has failed once or twice, or a dozen times, you don't
want to set him down as a failure till he's dead or loses his courage -