[NAFEX] grape callusing

Drevniok colleendaly at videotron.ca
Sat Feb 16 12:22:54 EST 2008

    When I prune my grapes I keep some cuttings - perhaps 12-16 inches
long. I cut one end on an angle, deep into into rooting powder (for
hardwood cuttings), then
    make a hole in the soil that I have put in a gallon pot and stick
about 6 inches below soil level. I keep the soil moist and I get about
60 -75%  success rate (I put
    about 6 - 8 cutting per pot). I prune in March/April and prepare the
cuttings soon after; if it is still freezing hard I bring in the potted
cuttings and  put them out later.

       Peter Drevniok,
          Gatineau, Quebec zone 5