[NAFEX] electronic and membership discussion

mangodance bmn at iglou.com
Sat Feb 16 11:55:56 EST 2008

Claude, I'm not sure I follow.  My statements below were meant to
illustrate the requirements of the audience we need to reach.  To that
end, the needless fluff that happens on a number of sites is
unnecessary.  Many of these gadets are often vanities for code writers'
prowess as they serve little to no real function.  Most are forced...in
that I mean you have to suffer through them through no action on your
own other than having landed on a site.  Access to content is not
enhanced.  I want to be clear and note that I'm not advocating giving up
all tools and becoming luddites.  I'm not limiting the discussion to the
simple matter of online distribution of Pomona either.  I'm also not
suggesting there is any difference between memberships if someone
decides to choose one distribution form over another.  They would simply
be choices on MAY make.

I agree this is not age-related.

I do not understand where you are getting anything about putting
organizational goals and objectives on hold.  Please inform.  I thought
I'd said how we were moving according to plan.  I also don't understand
the "alarmist warnings that the changes may cause some people to not
renew" aspect.  I'd be happy to explain what I meant.  I'm just not sure
where that comes from just yet.  Can you give me a bit of detail?